If needed, CVI provides job coaching services once the customer is hired onto the job. This type of service is also known as an Occupational Communication Specialist (OCS) and is specifically for individuals who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing and who may experience communication barriers on the job. All OCS at CVI are proficient in sign language. Typically, job coaching services last up to the first 90 days on the job. Timing may vary depending on the needs of the customers and employer.
The job coach (OCS) assists the customer and employer with the following:
- Training of duties and responsibilities on the job.
- Awareness and understanding of company policy and procedures.
- Integration into the work-site.
- Comprehension of health and safety rules.
- Education of employer on ADA requirements and any accommodation needed.
- Knowledge of advancement or promotional opportunities.